Texas Landlords Rental Property Insurance
Texas Landlord Insurance
Request a landlord insurance quote by selecting any of the dropdown quote option in the menu above. Smaller Residential Rental Houses or " For Let " properties in most cases can be covered on a standard rental house Form DP1, DP2 or DP3. Multiple properties with common owner and financing entities can be scheduled on one policy together. Up to 10 properties per policy, or 20 Million in total risks per scheduled policy. One can have an unlimited number of scheduled policies with Insurance Plus. Typical landlord options include the DP1 Basic policy, as well as the DP2 Extended policy, and the DP3 Broad All Risk insurance. Coverage for damage from accidental water discharges and the Owners Rental Income losses. Owners Umbrella policy and commercial auto insurance are additional coverage options. Coverage is for both buildings and contents insurance on our online insurance quote request form by clicking the button above.
If you have a Duplex, a Triplex or 4-Plex investment can be covered under either a personal dwelling policy, or on one of our commercial markets depending on the construction grade of your property. Forms DP1, DP2 and DP3 are available for single-family and multi-family homes. CP basic, extended or special broad forms are also available for scheduled risks, or for commercial risks seeking maximum protection. Your rented homeowners insurance can include the main living structure and any support buildings. Personal property and contents coverage, extended Accidental Water Discharge coverage and owners rental income loss coverage along with personal liability are also available on all insurance policies.
Apartment Building Insurance
We have commercial markets available for Apartment Complexes whether large or small. Landlord policies currently have capacity up to 1,000 rental units or up to $450 Million aggregate risk per location in Texas. DP1 Basic, DP2 Extended and DP 3 Broad All Risk coverage forms can be bound same day. Coverage can include buildings and contents insurance along with the liability part of the homeowners insurance coverage. We can help you meet the insuring needs of your Apartment complex. Coverage Options include normal Fire, Windstorm and Hail with extended coverage and continuing rental revenue coverage. These options can either be selected at time of purchase, or can sometimes be endorsed on to your insurance policy at a later date.
Dwelling insurance programs are available for most insurance needs within the state of Texas for Rented Condo units. Extended Condo insurance with Owners Income interruption coverage available. Condominium risks are limited in coverage as they tend to be supplemental to the Condo Associations own Master Policy. The typical investor requires what is often called Between the walls coverage to meet the investors needs. This can be confusing sometimes as you will likely have two different polices covering your home.. The master policy covering the main structure and the stuff behind the walls, and the unit owners own policy covering what's inside the unit along with its furnishing and fixtures. Whatever your coverage need, We have a policy to fit your property coverage needs.
Vacant Rental Property Insurance
Coverage for vacant properties is available on the DP1 personal lines form as well as commercial lines coverage to Protect your property between occupancies. Coverage can be for both Residential and commercial properties that. Vacant property policies are generally limited to 3 months, 6 months or 1 year, offer limited liability options and require the owner secure the vacant property and to schedule regular check ups and maintenance on the property being insured.
Commercial insurance is available for risks up to 35 million per location. Recent covered loss is no problem. Property risk does not half to be loss free. Commercial coverage is available in CP Monoline or package policies offering Minimum Basic to extended or Special broad coverage to fit your investment situation. Individual, Corporations and LLC's can all be covered under our Commercial lines programs.
How to save on your Insurance
We can provide insurance on homes, apartments and other main structures as well as certain owners contents. Both Loss of Rents and Owners Liability protection can be included, Property Managers Professional Liability and Crime coverage are also available options. Risks do not need to be free of losses. This coverage is written on Commercial Mono Line or Package policy Forms.
Updates for your Property
1. Update your homes heating, electrical and plumbing systems to modern standards and you may qualify for a discount of as much as 15% on your insurance rate. Even though you may like old-fashioned fire places, they may not be as fire-safe as today's modern heating systems. Building safety and engineering have advanced a long way in recent decades. There are many ways to make your buildings safer. In addition to security, peace of mind and being a lower risk, you can save money on your rental house insurance, while also adding value to your home's net worth in the marketplace.
Ask about available discounts
2. Investors may not be aware of all the insurance discounts that may be available from your insurer. If you don't know about discounts that can effect your final rate, you may not be able to take advantage of them. Be sure to inform your insurance agent about any major repairs, updates or home renovations you've made to the house and property. Certain new appliances like an HVAC system could qualify you for improvement discounts. We can help you find the best insurance rate for your investment. Insurers can't always advertise al the available discounts as they may change from time to time. The more common discounts are usually already known, but their may be others available you hadn't thought about. This just means we have to find where they are, it does no harm to ask your agent about ways you can save.
Choice of construction materials
3. The material used use in construction of your property can go a very long way in affecting your landlord rental insurance rates for apartments owners in Texas. Frame Structures provide more resistance to earthquakes. Brick buildings can offer better resistance to high winds and flying debris as well as the occasional auto collision. Those who need Apartment Structure coverage in the Western United States can often pay lower rates if the buildings are frame because of the earthquakes there. Building your structure with the appropriate material for your state can easily save you 5% to 35% on your rate.
Customizing your Landlord insurance Policy
4. Your landlord insurance can be both affordable and easy to find when you are working with an agent familiar with the risks investors face. You could save hundreds or even thousands of dollars on insurance in Texas by comparing quotes. Basic form 1 dwelling policies are usually cheaper but may offer less coverage. Special broad form policies provide more coverage but may not always be best value for the money. The rule of thumb is to evaluate competing coverage, whether single or multiple rental properties, make the choice that makes the most sense for your investment exposure. Let us shop the best landlord insurance rate for your apartment properties in Texas.
Send Us a Message
- A: 2626 Cole Ave. Suite 300, Dallas, TX 75204
- P: (+1) 214 351 4097
Hours of Operation
- Monday 09:00 AM - 06:00 PM
- Tuesday 09:00 AM - 06:00 PM
- Wednesday 09:00 AM - 06:00 PM
- Thursday 09:00 AM - 06:00 PM
- Friday 09:00 AM - 06:00 PM
- Saturday Closed
- Sunday Closed