Austin Landlords Insurance
Insurance Plus, providing protection for Landlord Rental Property Owners, Investors and Management Professionals. Your source for investment property protection.
Coverage forms for most Texas landlords property risks are available at this time. Forms available are DP1, DP2, DP3. BOP, and Fire Insurance.
Small for let properties can be covered in our hassle free DP1 insurance program
Coverage can generally be effected same day or next day in most cases. Commercial properties may take from 24 to 72 hours.
For your convenience, we have many programs that utilize electronic point of sale issue. Some market may require a completed application.
If the property electrical wiring, plumbing and roofing system have all been updated in the last 20 years then you can qualify for a discount on your rate by using the most recent remodeling date as the age of the structure. Up to a 10% credit.
We are now offering accidental water damage coverage with some DP1 insurance policies on standard Fire, EC, VMM policies. All DP2 and 3 Polices offer water protection. This applies to tenant and or owner occupied Homes.
Investment properties can present risks not normally associated with an Owners occupied dwelling. A well thought out Landlord Insurance Policy or Landlord Cover note can be cost effective as well as provide the necessary financial protection required to secure your investment.
Premium Financing is now available on all Texas landlord programs.
Basic Protection needed
- Main Structure (s), Landlord Building Replacement / ACV option.
- Other Out Buildings and structures on the property.
- Contents Coverage (Equipment Appliances, Furnishings, etc).
- Landlords Liability Insurance
- Property Replacement Guarantees.
- Extended Fire, Wind and Hail coverage.
- Accidental Water Discharge from plumbing.
- Loss of Rents Revenue due to a covered losses.
How to save money on your Insurance
We can provide your required landlord insurance on the single family dwellings, Muti-family from duplexes, triplexes and 4-plex up to Apartments with 1000 units. We can cover the main structure as well as certain owners contents. Both Loss of Rents and Owners Liability coverage can be included, Property Managers Professional Liability and Crime coverage are also available options. Risks do not need to be free of losses. This coverage is written on Commercial Mono Line or Package policy Forms.
1. Update your homes heating, electrical and plumbing systems to modern standards and you may qualify for a discount of as much as 15% on your premium rate in Texas. Even though you may like old-fashioned fire places, they may not be as fire-safe as the more modern heating systems available today. Building technology has advanced quite a bit
over the years. There are many ways to make your buildings much safer. In addition to being a
landlord lower insurance risk, you can add value to your home structure in terms of its net worth in today's marketplace.
2. Many Texas property owners do not know half the discounts that may be available from your insurer. If you don't know about the factors that effect your final rate, you can not take advantage of them. Be sure to inform your insurance agent about any repairs, major updates you've made to structures or Conveyances. Certain newer appliances can also qualify your for discounts. Insurers do often advertise the most common discounts but generally do not advertise every available discount but that doesn't mean they are not there, it does no harm to ask your agent about ways you can save.
3. The material used use in construction of your property can go a very long way in affecting your landlord insurance rates for your properties located in Texas. Frame Structures often provide more resistance to earthquakes. Brick buildings can offer better resistance to flying debris and high winds as well as the occasional auto collision. Those who need Apartment Building coverage in the Western United States can often pay lower rates if the buildings are frame because of the earthquakes there. Building your structure with the appropriate material for your state can easily save you 5% to 35% on your rate.
4. Your Austin area investment real-estate insurance coverage can be both affordable and easy to find when you are working with an agent familiar with the risks investors face in your area. You might save hundreds or even thousands of dollars on your rates in Texas by comparing coverage quotes from competing insurance companies. Basic form DP1 policies are usually cheaper but may offer less coverage. Special broad form policies offer more coverage but may not always be best value for the money. The rule of thumb is to evaluate competing coverage options and make the choice that makes the most sense for your investment exposure. Let us shop the best insurance rate for your apartment buildings in Texas.