Sugar Land Landlords Insurance
Insurance Plus, providing protection for Landlords, Investors and Management Professionals. Your source for investment property protection.
Coverage forms for most Texas property risks are available at this time. Forms available are DP1, DP2, DP3. BOP, and Fire coverage.
Small for let properties can be covered in our hassle free DP1 insurance program
Poor Credit is also not a problem for our DP1 program.
Coverage can generally be effected same day or following day in most cases.
For your convenience, we have many insurance programs that utilize electronic point of sale issue. Some market may require a completed application.
If the property electrical wiring, plumbing and roofing system have all been updated in the last 20 years then you can qualify for a discount on your landlord insurance rate by using the most recent remodeling date as the age of the structure. Up to a 10% credit.
We are now offering accidental water damage coverage with some DP1 dwelling insurance policies on standard Fire, EC, VMM policies. All DP2 and 3 Polices offer water protection. This applies to tenant and or owner occupied Homes.
Investment properties can present risks not normally associated with an Owner occupied dwelling. A well thought out Insurance Policy or Landlord Cover note can be cost effective as while providing the necessary financial protection required to secure your investment.
Premium Financing is now available on all insurance programs.
Basic Protection needed
- Main Structure (s), Landlord Building Replacement / ACV option.
- Other Out Buildings and other structures on the property.
- Contents Coverage (Equipment Appliances, Furnishings, etc).
- Landlords Liability Protection
- Actual Cash Value option.
- Property Replacement Guarantees.
- Extended Fire, Wind and Hail coverage.
- Accidental Water Discharge and Overflow from plumbing.
- Loss of Rents Revenue due to a covered losses.
How to save money on your Insurance
We can provide insurance on the main structure as well as certain owners contents. Both Loss of Rents and Owners Liability coverage can be included. Property Managers Professional Liability and Crime coverage are also available options on our landlord insurance policies. Risks do not need to be free of losses. This landlord insurance coverage is written on Commercial Mono Line or Package policy Forms.
Updates for your Property
1. Update your homes heating, electrical and plumbing systems to modern standards and you may qualify for a discount of as much as 15% on your landlord insurance rate in Texas. Although we may like nostalgic old-fashioned fire places, they may not be as safe in a fire as one of the modern heating system we have available today. Building heating and cooling technology have improved a good bit in recent years. There are many ways we can make our buildings much safer today. In addition to being a safer insurance risk, improvements can add value to the home structure in terms of its market worth in today's marketplace.
About available discounts
2. Many Texas property owners do not know half the discounts that may be available from your insurer. If you don't know about the factors that effect your final rate, you can not take advantage of them. Be sure to inform your insurance agent about any repairs, major updates you've made to your home, out buildings and other structures or Conveyances. Certain newer appliances may also qualify your for discount rates. Insurers often advertise the most common discounts but may not advertise other available discounts. This doesn't mean they are not there, it doesn't hurt to ask your agent about ways you can save on your landlord insurance policy.
Choice of construction materials
3. The material used use in the building of your property can have a significant impact on your long term premium rates. Frame Structures provide more resistance to earthquakes and other ground movement events. Brick buildings can offer better resistance to high windstorm loads, flying debris and the occasional auto collision. Those who need Apartment Building coverage in the Western states can often pay lower rates if the buildings are frame because of the earthquakes that occur so commonly there. Building your structure with the appropriate material for your home anticipated exposure risks can save anywhere from 5% to 35% on your future premium rates.
Customizing your Policy
4. Your property coverage can be both affordable and comprehensive as well as easy to find when you are working with an agent familiar with the risks real-estate investors face. You could save hundreds or even thousands of dollars on insurance in Texas by comparing competing coverage quotes. Basic form 1 coverage policies are usually cheaper but may offer less coverage. Special broad form policies offer more coverage but may not always be best value for the money. The rule of thumb is to evaluate competing coverage quotes, and then make the choice that makes the most sense for your specific exposure. Let us shop the best insurance rates for your income property in Texas.